Thursday, February 2, 2012

Strange Dream

As I type, snow lies at a depth of 3" and more falls in the darkness outside, where wood smoke hangs in the air. Inside, the ticking of a clock is the only sound. Almost two weeks have passed since the adventure began. I'm still keenly aware of the passing of time, and I am still very busy, but I find pleasure in most tasks, whether it be hand-squeezing oranges or hand-sawing wood. There is time to savour the smells and to enjoy creating new things.

Despite the great simplifying effort, I feel that I have everything I need. In fact, I probably have more than I really need in order to be happy, even now. There are no cell phones in this house, and no cable TV. 'Conveniences' such as those have always been more of a source of annoyance.

Winter is becoming my favorite season. The greens of summer are replaced with an almost dream-like black and white version of the landscape that is equally beautiful.


As always, you can see more of the expanding winter gallery here. I have a new lens and expect to have several new images to share very soon. If I can keep track of the days, I'll post weekly. I hope you'll continue to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment