Friday, February 10, 2012

Mountain Time

It has been almost three weeks since I left my city office for the last time, and I am only just beginning to realize that I am truly free to mold every facet of my life as I see fit. In order to do this properly, I need to be prepared to let ideas come naturally. I'm still working at a high-pressure office pace in my mind. The change of surroundings was relatively easy; the change of attitude requires some self-improvement and will be ongoing.  I'm still finding my 'rhythm', but already I can take time to watch clouds pass by, study wildlife up close or just appreciate a snow shower or a full moon.


For the first time in years, work is fun. Take a look at the ice climbing event that I covered last weekend!

At this point in my life, I'm very happy to have swapped a good salary for fun-filled days and nights. Living costs can be reduced by making meals and furniture from basic materials, which is in itself a pleasurable experience. Walking instead of driving reduces stress and saves money, if not time (but it is time well spent). 
Life is here and now. It doesn't just happen at the weekend or on holiday / vacation. We have a duty to ourselves to find the things that make us happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment