Friday, February 24, 2012

Awakenings

Rocky Mountain winters are long and cold (earlier today, the temperature outside was -12°F). Still, with the right will and equipment the mountains are a snow-covered playground, and busy summer destinations are places of solitude during the winter.


I've realized that I've felt restricted over the last few weeks. I've tried to juggle too many things and have been left frustrated when I can't make enough progress. Having learned this, I can devote more time to what I consider to be most important. Relocation was meant to be a learning experience, and I felt that it would be useful to stretch myself. I still do, but I now know that some things are not going to make me happy, and those must be cut (in keeping with the psychological side of the simple living ethic).

Much lies ahead in the summer. I have plans for a permaculture garden (if my current construction project is complete!), and there is a whole mountain range to explore on my doorstep. Of course, it will all be a photographic journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment