Friday, January 27, 2012

A New Dawn

Almost a week ago I left behind my old life and headed for the mountains to live a simpler, happier existence with my wife. We packed as few things as possible and made a one-way trip into the wilderness, passing through dust storms and then snow storms as if they were a kind of final test of our determination.

The rewards became apparent before I'd even finished unloading. A herd of deer came to greet me, and we studied eachother for a while. I was lucky enough to have a camera within reach, so you can view the video here.

A small house makes simple living a near-necessity. There is no room for clutter. Purging is always a liberating experience, though. Mountain life is agreeing with me and I already wake before sunrise in anticipation of the sights and sounds that lie ahead. I haven't worn a watch in two days.


The mountains called, and I finally answered.



 

1 comment:

  1. peace & light to you on your journey. it is heaven on earth:)

    ReplyDelete