Wednesday, January 4, 2012

To The High Country

 Confucius once said the “only the wisest and stupidest of men never change”. I’m about to make a very significant change to my life. The time has come for me to leave the city behind and head to my adopted home in the mountains. I can no longer be separated from the wilderness, where I belong. I’ll leave the security of an office job for the adventure of a photographer high in the Rocky Mountains. I have no idea how this story will end, but I know that it will be an exciting journey. I will live deliberately and simply, and I will not give up on my dreams.

In the coming posts, I’ll tell you about my travels, my efforts to live simply, and of course my photography. I hope you’ll join me.

The following clip seems quite fitting. Both Jeremiah Johnson and Rocky Mountain High were released in 1972 (40 years ago), and both have left their indelible mark.


The mountains are calling...


No comments:

Post a Comment