Monday, March 19, 2012

Purpose

There is always a reason for the choices that we make. Sometimes those are the result of a great deal of thought, but sometimes we aren't even sure of our reasoning. Major life decisions should always be the result of the former.

As you know, I came to the mountains to live a simpler, more purposeful life. A few short months into the adventure, this new life is meeting all of my expectations.  I've written about my decisions before, so today I thought I'd write about why I'm a photographer.

I've always been an explorer of sorts. My inquisitive mind often leads me down the road less travelled (both real and philosophical), and I love to share the world's scenery from my point of view.  Sometimes I'll show views that few people have the chance to see, while other times I show more familiar subjects from different viewpoints.

I hope that by sharing my images I can reach out to people who appreciate the natural world, and maybe encourage that appreciation in other people.  My work may provoke fond memories or provide people with an opportunity to see parts of the world that they may not be able to see in real life.

Documenting the past is just as important as capturing the seasons. Just last week I was fortunate enough to tour an area of great historical significance.


I hope that my images (and those of my colleague) assist in some small way with the preservation of the structures.


Spring is almost here. A whole new season of photography awaits, and I hope that a part of our heritage can be regenerated like so many new shoots and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment