Saturday, April 14, 2012

Creativity

As I was preparing to escape to the mountains, I thought a great deal about living in the wilderness and all the opportunities for great photography. I also thought about the opportunities for change (both habits and circumstances), but I didn't anticipate quite what would happen when I unleashed my stifled creative instincts! The bench that I showed here a couple of weeks ago was just one of nearly a dozen wood projects of varying sizes that I've completed over the last few weeks. I also have a near-constant compulsion to be outside. The changeable spring weather only adds to the excitement of being present and experiencing an April afternoon. As my rhubarb begins to flourish and leaves appear on the wild, native plants nearby, I feel a strong desire to join in by sowing a few seeds alongside those of nature. My only problem is the number of hours in a day!

Spring is a great time to be in the mountains. Just a few days ago, I was lucky enough to see many bighorn sheep. I've already seen my first wildflower of the year, and I'm eager to see some outstanding displays of color on my travels in the wilderness.


For more bighorn shots, see the spring gallery.
Still on the theme of creativity, I'd like you to be the first to see my new project - a new range of gifts and shirts! In addition to FTHC images available on cards and gifts, I've designed a small range of shirts that are in keeping with the values expressed in this blog. I hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment