Monday, November 28, 2011

Bygones

As the Thanksgiving break ended, I thought of previous winters, and one in particular came to mind. I was very young (five or six), and the winter snowfall had been unusually heavy for my area. A short drive to the local woodland revealed a magical white and green place, but the most memorable part was the sighting of fallow deer on the tree-lined path ahead.

Unfortunately I don't have a digital version of the photo that captured that moment. While searching online I was surprised that I was unable to find a similar shot. Instead, I'll leave you with this work by an artist local to the area:















I think it captures the experience of walking in a pristine, silent winter forest. I'm anxious to do it again, and this time, I'll be sure to capture a few of my own moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment