Friday, October 14, 2011

Little Acorns

My fascination with photography started many years ago, as a child. I liked the idea that views and experiences could be captured and enjoyed at a later date, almost as if preserving time. The camera itself was a thing of beauty. This is the first camera I knew, and probably the first to capture images of me:


I look at my DSLR and, although it is capable of excellent image quality and has many settings that I haven't yet used, it doesn't evoke the same feelings based on aesthetics. Perhaps that isn't such a bad thing. My current camera is a tool that allows me to share my perspective of the natural world, rather than a revered artifact. The old AGFA provided that spark, which was reignited with the advent of digital photography and allowed to grow into a passion with the encouragement of a certain someone. It was there all the time, and I just had to realise it.

No comments:

Post a Comment