Tuesday, July 23, 2013

From The High Country - An Introduction

Many new people have discovered From The High Country this year, and so I thought I'd try to gather some interesting information together in one place.

From The High Country is the result of one man's love for both photography and the wilderness. It came to be when I made the decision to leave a career in the city to live a more simple life in the mountains (take a look at my early blog posts to read about this in more detail). I now spend as much time as possible exploring the wilderness of Colorado, and sharing the best scenery through my photography.

If 2012 was about establishing From The High Country, 2013 is about consolidation and development. I created and self-published my first book, San Juan Inspirations, and currently have a selection of my work on display in a prestigious art gallery.

Almost every image you'll see (whether it's on my website, Facebook or elsewhere), is available as a high quality print that can be ordered directly from my website. Just click on an image to get started. Selected images are available on products that are available from me, such as my annual calendar.

You can follow my work by viewing my seasonal galleries from time to time, following me on Facebook, or by checking on some of my other outlets.

From The High Country is not a tourism page, nor is it the work of a large corporation. Everything you see under the FTHC brand is the work of the same person, with the intention of sharing unique perspectives of mountains, streams, forests, and the flora and fauna within. From time to time, you'll see information on new products that feature my favorite pieces (even simple-living photographers have to make a living!).

In order to continue to develop From The High Country, I have created a very brief survey, so please consider spending a couple of minutes here.

As always, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment