Thursday, June 7, 2012

Once In A Lifetime

The phrase "once in a lifetime" has been used a lot recently. Two notable examples are the Diamond Jubilee in the UK, and of course the transit of Venus. I have to admit (and I'm probably in a minority) that I don't have a strong interest in either one. When I think of incredibly rare, special events I think of a chance encounter with deer in the depths of winter, where I sat 6ft from a small herd.


I think of the large herd of bighorn sheep that were enjoying the early spring weather when I happened to have my longest (and heaviest) lens with me. My once in a lifetime events happen much closer to home, or at least much closer to me.


An unexpected discovery can make a life-long memory (for me, at least) far more meaningful than a long-planned event. Once again, it is the little things that matter, and I can think of no better way to spend my days than photographing them.

Images in this post can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment