Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Spring in the mountains is a time of rapid change. Every walk (or run) is a chance to see new scenery. Despite little rain or meltwater, the local flora and fauna appear to be thriving.


 If I can learn anything from the natural world, it is patience. As I continue to be busier than I could have imagined, I have to remember to prioritize and remember that, like the seeds I've sown this week, building a new life takes much longer than three months.

Since there are so many things to do, and time is a fixed commodity, it is good to review the ways in which I spend precious time. If I find that something (whether it be a business strategy or a part of a daily routine) no longer works or is not worth the cost, then I have to be objective enough to recognize it and jettison it. At the moment, the FTHC presence on a certain social networking site seems to fall into that category. I'll be sure to let you know of any long-term changes in the next post.


In our lives, we must not be afraid to try something new, even if (or especially because) it is a little out of character. Similarly, we must be bold enough to discard those things that do not work for us, even if it means breaking a long-held habit. Wasting time and creative energy is one of the worst things we can do for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment